In order to be able to receive subsidy on a LPG Cylinder, it is important to link your Aadhaar card with your LPG connection. However, before linking your LPG connection to your Aadhaar card, it is important to understand that in order to be able to link your gas connection to your Aadhaar card, you need to have an NPCI Aadhaar card link bank account first. Only then you will be able to link your Aadhaar card to your LPG connection.
Different Ways of Linking Aadhaar Card to LPG Connection
There are 4 major ways by which you can link your Aadhaar card to your gas connection. Those 4 ways are as follows:
The Government of India has made it easy for the people of India to link their LPG connections to their Aadhaar cards. Individuals can link their gas connections to their Aadhaar cards via the online method. All you need is an internet connection and you can link your aadhaar card. The online process to link your gas connection and aadhaar card is as follows:
- Head over to the official UIDAI website
- Provide the required information
- Choose benefit type as “LPG”
- Provide with the name of your scheme such as “BPCL” if your connection is a Bharat Gas Connection or “IOCL” if the connection is an Indane Gas Connection
- Enter your Consumer Number and select the Distributor’s name accordingly
- Provide your Aadhaar number along with other contact details such as your phone number and email address
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click “Submit”
Authorities will then verify your details and notify you about successfully linking your Aadhaar card to your gas connection on your email address and your registered mobile number.
Via Call Centre
You can now get your Aadhaar card linked to your gas connection with the help of call centres. This is the simplest method to link your Aadhaar card to your gas connection. This process is also the quickest possible way and it is also very easy to carry out the whole process. Just dial 18000-2333-555 and follow the operator’s instructions accordingly. Any individual who has a gas connection can use this toll free number to link their Aadhaar card with their gas connection.
Through Postal Service
This is the manual way of linking your Aadhaar card to your gas connection. You can visit the official gas connection provider’s website and download the subsidy registration aadhar gazetted form. After filling the form you can mail it to the address listed on their website. Since this is an automated process you can get your aadhaar card linked more quickly than other options.
IVRS or Interactive Voice Response System is another way using which you can get your aadhaar card linked to your LPG connection. Almost every LPG provider has installed this customer service to make it easy for their customers to resolve any queries. Below are three most popular gas providers in India and their IVRS process:
Bharat Gas: If you have a Bharat Gas LPG connection and want to link your Aadhaar card, then you can visit the official Bharat Gas website and make a call on their toll free IVRS number.
HP Gas: Similarly, the HP gas customers can visit the official Hindustan Petroleum Gas website and make an IVRS call. After that you need to follow the operator’s instructions to complete the process.
Indane Gas: Indane Gas connection customers need to head over to the official Indane gas website and locate their District Number before dialling through IVRS mode. After dialling the IVRS number you need to follow the operators’ instructions in order to link your Aadhaar card.
LPG Subsidy Amount
Below are some ways that let you check the subsidy amount that would be credited to your bank account and the process that runs behind it:
- An advance deposit is made to the customer’s account as soon as he registers for subsidy.
- Subsidy is a one time permanent deposit which is calculated on one year subscription of LPG cylinders.
- There is an yearly limit on the maximum number of cylinders per customer. After that limit, the customer will be required to book the cylinder at market rates.
- Under any situation, if the customer decides to drop their LPG connection, the remaining dues are adjusted accordingly.