Egg Rolls originated from Newyork and are mainly served in Chinese cuisine. Egg rolls are served as deep-fried as well as baked appetizers. They are large and cylindrical in shape. These rolls are served as a savory item stuffed with shredded cabbage, chopped egg, and other different fillings wrapped in wheat flour skin which is fried in deep hot oil and even baked. Most people prefer deep-fried egg rolls but many health-conscious people like them baked. Custom Boxes have a different texture than the ones fried.
So, let’s dive into the recipe for these yummy and delicious egg rolls;
Let’s move forward with the homemade egg rolls that are stuffed with cabbage, some mushrooms, carrots, and some more yummy ingredients.
The total cost of making egg rolls: is $0.58 / per serving
The total time of preparing an egg roll: 30 minutes
Cooking time for it: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Let’s move on to the ingredients;
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- 3 medium green onions
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 4 oz. Of mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 pack of egg roll wraps
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
Let’s move on to the instructions now;
- Prep the vegetables first. You need to grate the ginger by using the small hole of a cheese grater. Now moving on to the carrots, peel them and grate them on a large-holed grater. Mince or chop the garlic (it’s preferable to use fresh garlic) now clean and cut the green onions and mushrooms into slices. Now peel the leaves of the cabbage from the outer side and cut it into quarters, remove the core and then shred it into thin slices.
- Now put the cornstarch in soy sauce and dissolve it. Add that liquid to the wok and stir until the vegetable is all coated with it. The heat will make the mixture thick and creates a soy sauce glaze to it. Drizzle some sesame oil on top and stir it some more. Turn the head off. To give the mixture a taste, add the soy sauce and sesame oil to your liking. Now set aside the mixture in a bowl.
- Now start to fill and roll the egg rolls. Wrap one roll at a time. On a clean surface place one wrap and place about ¼ cup of the cabbage mixture just in the center of the roll close to one of the corners of the squared shape roll. Roll the corners up and over the filling. Repeat the same with the other end. Use the water as glue to stick the corners of the wrap.
- On a clean surface place one wrap and place about ¼ cup of the cabbage mixture just in the center of the roll close to one of the corners of the squared shape roll. Repeat the same with the other end. Use the water as glue to stick the corners of the wrap.
- Now preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prep the baking sheets on the baking tray and spray some oil on it. Place the rolls on the tray and quote a layer of oil on top of it. Now put the baking tray in the oven and start baking it for almost 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve it with whichever sauce you like.