What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism means when a woman gets coarse and dark hair in the face and body. The hair grows on the chest, above the lip, abdomen and on the chin. Many women have fine, faintly visible hair but these hairs can be more visible and can be thicker compared to normal facial hairs. The hair growth happens due to the increased level of hormones which is also called androgens. All women produce normal androgens but a high level of androgens can lead to hirsutism. Hirsutism is caused by reproductive problems and infertility problems.
If you are suffering from hirsutism or any other infertility problems then come to Mishka IVF center in Jaipur, the best infertility center in Jaipur where you can get all your problems solved with the help of our infertility specialist.
Hirsutism hairs are the stiff and dark body hair, they appear where the women usually don’t have hair, they appear on the face, chest, inner thighs, back, and abdomen. High androgen level can cause hirsutism but it causes other problems like:
- Increases muscle mass
- Deepening voice
- Enlargement of the clitoris
When to see a doctor
If you notice that you are having too much hair growth on your body then consult your doctor. If you are facing hair growth problems from several months then you should refer a doctor who specializes in hormone disorders or reproductive problems.
Hirsutism caused by these :
- Cushing syndrome. This happens if your body is presented to high levels of the hormone cortisol. It can produce from your adrenal glands creating too much cortisol or from using medications such as prednisone over a long period.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). In this condition, there is an imbalance of sex hormones and begins with puberty. People with PCOS have many problems like excess hair growth, obesity, infertility and multiple cysts on the ovaries.
- Tumors. tumors are some of the more serious underlying issues that may cause hirsutism in a small number of cases.
- Medications. There are some medications that can cause hirsutism. It can be because of the women who have endometriosis, testosterone. If one partner has hirsutism and he/she uses topical products then there are chances that the other partner can have hirsutism.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia. This acquired condition is identified by abnormal results of steroid hormones, including cortisol and androgen, by your adrenal glands.
There can some factors which can influence the development of hirsutism.
- Family history. If a family member has suffered the same problems which you are facing them there are chances that you have got the problem from your family genes. It is possible that your family member had congenital adrenal hyperplasia and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Women of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and South Asian ancestry are more likely to have more body hair with no identifiable cause than are other women. This can be because of the temperature in which the ancestry had lived.
- Obesity. If someone is too obese and then the androgen levels increases which can cause hirsutism.
Hirsutism can be a very hectic situation, women can feel embarrassed or uncomfortable due to the access growth of hair. Some women can feel depressed about unwanted hair. Hirsutism doesn’t cause any physical change but hormonal imbalances can affect the body.
If a woman has hirsutism and irregular periods than the woman may have PCOS which can impede fertility. Women you are undergoing hirsutism treatment they should avoid pregnancy and it might cause birth defects.
The possible treatment which can be used to treat hirsutism are
- Laser treatments or laser therapy. In this procedure, a highly concentrated light is passed through the skin where the patient has more hair. The light damages the hair follicles and prevent hair from growing. This type of therapy needs two to three sessions.
- Electrolysis. In this treatment, a tiny needle is inserted inside each hair follicle. The needle releases a pulse of electric current which damages the follicle. This treatment needs two to three treatments to cure the problem completely.
How a person can stop hirsutism naturally?
If the doctor finds the correct reason for hirsutism then it is easy to cure the problem. If the cause of hirsutism is insulin then reducing it may lead to reduce hirsutism. In some cases, if women have a high body mass index then reducing weight may reduce the androgen levels and it may decrease hirsutism.
Women can to these things which can decrease hair growth:
- Shaving the body
- Chemical hair softeners
- Depilatory creams
What should a person eat to remove facial hair?
If you want to reduce your hair growth then you should follow a good diet. Things you should eat to reduce the facial hair are:
- Green tea
- Sunflower seeds
- Crimini mushrooms
- Wheat germ
- Chicken breast
- Liquorice root
Controlling hirsutism is not easy but if a person will follow a good diet and will do regular exercise then it can help the person to control weight and there will be no risk of high cholesterol and diabetes.
Hirsutism is a symptom that basically is a signal of some underlying problems in women. It is mostly caused by reproductive problems and female infertility. If you are suffering from infertility problems then come to Mishka IVF, where you will get the highest quality of care and comfort for their patients.