If you have no clue what an electronic air regulator valve is then you need to go through this post. We are going to tell you all about this technological equipment and its basic working. If you are still using the old air pressure controller devices then you are missing a lot. It is high time that you switch to the digital air pressure regulators as they are easier to use, low maintenance, cheap and robust than any mechanical device which was used in the past. Servo electronic pressure regulators (EPRs) work by using a push valve and a vent valve to maintain the outlet pressure at the desired set-point. A small internal pressure sensor monitors the output pressure and a digital or analog controller adjusts the timing of the servo valves to maintain the set-point.
You must know that compressed electronic air regulator valve are basically used to reduce the pressure of air and maintain it in different kinds of pneumatic systems. The primary focus and working of the proportional air regulators is to lower the outlet pressure of air even if there is fluctuation in internal one. A crucial point that you need to understand is that air regulators are important because they can save you from all sorts of leakages and losses.
The modern electronic air regulator valves basically contain four to six elements including diaphragm, stem, orifice, springs, adjusting screws and the poppet proportional air valve. Below we have discussed the basic functioning of all these items. Before buying an air regulator you need to be familiar with all these elements.
Important elements in an air pressure regulator!
- Diaphragm is the item which separates the internal air pressure from ambient pressure. Capacitive pressure sensors measure changes in electrical capacitance caused by the movement of a diaphragm. A capacitor consists of two parallel conducting plates separated by a small gap. One of the plates acts as the diaphragm that is displaced by the pressure, changing the capacitance of the circuit.
It is made of rubber which is why it can easily stretch and deflect.
- Stem is the second item which you should know about. There are three basic operating components in most regulators: a loading mechanism, a sensing element, and a control element. These three components work together to accomplish pressure reduction. The Loading Mechanism determines the setting of the regulator delivery pressure.
The basic purpose of the stem is to connect the poppet valve with the diaphragm.
- Poppet proportional air valve is the item in the electronic air regulator which serves the purpose of blocking the orifice. This valve would stop the flow of compressed air during certain conditions like zero-flow!
- Compressed springs in the electronic air regulator valve are the next important thing which serve the purpose of maintaining the balance between zero pressure and maximum limit. There are multiple springs that you can find in the pressure regulator. The higher the spring force would be, the higher the outlet pressure would be. This is an important thing that you need to remember.
- Adjustment screw is another item in the electronic pressure valve. Its mechanism is to simply squeeze the adjusting springs to increase or decrease the downstream (outlet) pressure. Adjusting screws would allow the poppet valves to open when the pressure is high!
An important thing that you need to know is that compressed air is quite expensive to make and if you are not regulating it properly then it can result in serious losses and damages. This is why it is important that you use the modern electronic air regulator valves. A pressure sensor is a device or instrument which is able to measure the pressure in gases or liquids. A pressure sensor consists of a pressure-sensitive element which can determine the pressure being apply and components to convert the information into an output signal.31-Jan-2019
These would remove all room for human errors. Today you can also see the use of the electronic evaporator pressure regulator on a very high scale in the commercial industry. These regulators are properly designe and sized for different applications!