Phoenix is a vibrant southwestern city that offers endless fun activities for visitors. From hiking and biking in the nearby Sonoran Desert to exploring the city’s art and culture scene, there is something for everyone in this exciting city. Here are just a few of the many activities you can enjoy when you visit Phoenix!
1. Hike or bike in the Sonoran Desert. With its stunning landscapes and diverse wildlife, the Sonoran Desert is a great place to explore on foot or by bike. There are many trails to choose from, so you can find one that’s perfect for your fitness level and interests.
2. Visit the Phoenix Art Museum. ThePhoenix Art Museum is one of the largest art museums in the country and features an impressive collection of works from around the world. Whether you’re interested in modern art, traditional art, or anything in between, you’re sure to find something to admire at this must-see museum.
3. Visit the Penske Racing Museum. The Penske Racing Museum is a must-see for any racing fan. This museum features a collection of cars, artifacts, and memorabilia from the storied career of legendary racer Rick Penske.
4. Take a scenic drive through South Mountain Park. South Mountain Park is the largest municipal park in the country and offers breathtaking views of the city from its many hiking trails and scenic drives.
5. Shop at the Phoenix Public Market. The Phoenix Public Market is the perfect place to find locally made goods, produce, and food items. This market is open year-round and also features live music and other entertainment on select days.
6. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden. The Desert Botanical Garden is a living museum that features more than 50,000 desert plants from around the world. This garden is a great place to learn about the diverse flora of the Sonoran Desert and to admire the beauty of these unique plants.
7. Attend a spring training game. Every year, Major League Baseball teams come to Phoenix for spring training. This is your chance to see your favorite team in action and to get a sneak preview of the upcoming season.
8. Go golfing. Phoenix is home to many world-class golf courses, so be sure to hit the links while you’re in town. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced golfer, you’re sure to find a course that’s perfect for your skill level.
9. Go bowling. Phoenix is home to many bowling alleys, so you can enjoy this classic American pastime while you’re in town.
10. Take a hot air balloon ride. There’s no better way to see the city than from high above it in a hot air balloon. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you’ll never forget.
11. Visit the Musical Instrument Museum. The Musical Instrument Museum is one of the most unique museums in the world and features more than 15,000 musical instruments from around the globe. This is a great place to learn about different cultures and to hear music from all over the world.
12. Shop at antique stores. Phoenix is home to many antique stores, so you can find that perfect piece to add to your collection.
13. See a show at the Orpheum Theatre. The Orpheum Theatre is one of the most popular performing arts venues in Phoenix and features a variety of shows throughout the year. From Broadway musicals to concerts, there’s sure to be a show that’s perfect for you.
14. Visit the Phoenix Zoo. The Phoenix Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the country and features more than 1,400 animals from all over the world. This is a great place to learn about wildlife and to see some of your favorite animals up close.
15. Take a scenic hike. With its many hiking trails, Phoenix is a great place to get some exercise and to enjoy the outdoors.
16. Ride the Phoenix Mountain Preserve Aerial Tramway. The Phoenix Mountain Preserve Aerial Tramway is a great way to see the city from above. This tramway takes you to the top of Piestewa Peak, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the valley below.
17. Visit the Heard Museum. The Heard Museum is one of the best places to learn about American Indian culture in Phoenix. This museum features a collection of art, artifacts, and objects that tell the story of the American Indian people.
18. Take a ride on the Valley Metro Light Rail. The Valley Metro Light Rail is a great way to get around Phoenix and its surrounding areas. This light rail system takes you to many of the city’s popular attractions, including Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, and Mesa.
19. Shop at CityScape. CityScape is an open-air shopping and dining district in Downtown Phoenix. This is a great place to find unique shops, restaurants, and cafes.
20. Visit the Pueblo Grande Museum. The Pueblo Grande Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the Hohokam people, who were the first inhabitants of the Phoenix area. This museum features a variety of exhibits that tell the story of the Hohokam people and their culture.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Phoenix. Be sure to add these attractions to your list so you can make the most of your time in this vibrant city!